7/11/2006

I am too busy to breathe these days...

I've had a lot going on lately and once again have been MIA. I think I may have mentioned before that I don't have internet in my apartment, so I can only blog while at work or if I use the business center in my building. Yes, you read that correctly, I don't have internet in my apartment. GASP! No I am not a cavewoman. My computer is all sorts of messed up and barely works, so until I get it fixed I see no point in paying for a service I will hardly be able to use. I also don't have cable. EEEP!!! GASP AGAIN!!! I want to get the two at the same time; one of those packaged dealios, because I seem to be under the impression that getting the two together will save me money. This may or may not actually be true. Besides, I'm used to it now and to be honest, I kind of like not having cable or internet sometimes. I feel as if I read more now than I ever did when I had constant access to the two, and I spend more time doing things that contribute to a happy Menace, like painting and cooking and various other Martha-esque activities. It's easy to get sucked in to tv and the web when it's constantly available to you. Especially when you have an abnormally comfortable couch that just swallows you whole like I do. (One of the benefits of your parents moving to Florida is getting some of their old furniture.) I plan on getting my computer fixed within the next week though, as I'm itching to start using my new Ipod.

Anyways, work has been crazy lately so I have had little to no time to read people's blogs, and no time at all to update my own. I really don't like my job anymore and my supervisor's last day was last Friday, so I am somewhat miserable here. I made him a delicious cake that combined wasabi, ginger and chocolate. In case you were ever wondering, Japanese horseradish does in fact taste scrumptious when paired with chocolate. I have a job interview on Thursday which I hope goes well despite the fact that I feel slightly (read: VERY) under qualified for the job, and even if it doesn't go well I'm just happy to have the experience. Hey if anyone has a job opening for a Blonde who likes to get drunk and bake tasty treats... Hook a girl up.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Rev said...

Unfortunately, the job of "my fiancee" is already taken. Sorry.

Otherwise, hiring a girl who gets drunk and makes cupcakes would be very tempting.

7/11/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger The Blonde Menace said...

HAHAHAHAHA, oh Steve, your fiance is a lucky girl!

7/12/2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger El Padrino said...

No cable! That's crazy.
Are you a birdwatcher?

7/12/2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger The Rev said...

I believe she is.

She does not get drunk and make cupcakes. But she does share a bottle of wine with me and make some kick ass Indian food. I return the favor by making kick ass omelettes.

7/12/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger jali said...

Sooooo glad to see a new post.

I don't have internet at home either right now - luckily I have lot's of time to hang while at work.

7/12/2006 4:47 PM  
Blogger KassyK said...

Hey girl I hear you. I actually just had an interview spur of the moment on thursday and i GOT it...the job is so incredible with room to grow and perks that i am super excited about but going to be challenging in a good way.

I just put in my two weeks this morning and found out my boss was fired on thurs while I was out for a long weekend. WOW. I DESPISE my job now so I am beyond excited to leave.

GOOD LUCK and i hope you find something worthy of you and your talents. :-)

Life has been pretty chaotic for me too but for the first time in months...its been good things so i am super grateful and happy and I hope that only good things come your way too.

MY LAPTOP IS ALL FCKED NOW ALSO...argh.

Miss ya chica.

7/18/2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home